Now, you’re ready to install WordPress on Namecheap Hosting.
Log into the cPanel (this information is in one of the setup emails you received from Namecheap when you purchased hosting). I’m also going to assume you’ve installed your SSL certificate on your domain as well.
At the top of the cPanel, click on the Softaculous Apps Installer. Hover over the WordPress icon and click the Install button.
- Choose version – always go with the most recent or latest version of WordPress. Always.
- Choose protocol – you should have SSL installed on your hosting, I recommend using https://www. protocol
- Choose domain – if you have more than one domain stalled on your hosting plan, make sure the correct one is chosen here.
- In directory – I recommend new users leave this blank.
- Site Name = your business/blog name (i.e. NewbieZine)
- Site Description = your business tagline
- Enable Multisite (WPMU) = DO NOT CHECK THIS BOX!
- Admin user name – do not leave this as “admin”. Every hacker, bot, and jerk on the planet looks for the admin user name to try and steal your WordPress. Make it unique to you.
- Admin password – use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
- Admin email – this is your email address. Double check the spelling — you will be able to use this as a login id and as the email to reset your admin password if you lose it.
- Select the language for your blog. It is defaulted to English.
- Check the Classic Editor only. You will install other necessary plugins through the WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Don’t change or update anything here.
- Skip this section. We won’t choose a theme here. The default 20XX theme will be installed for you in the background.
- Scroll down to the Email installation details to: and enter in your email address again. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
- Click the Install button.
Log in to the Admin Dashboard
- Open your email and go to the installation details email.
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for Shield Security by One Dollar Plugin.
- Install and Activate the plugin. Complete the setup wizard to configure the plugin.
Boom! You have successfully installed and secured WordPress! Should you need additional assistance, consider hopping on a Facebook Messenger Chat with me! It’s just $35 for a half-hour session.